MARCOURT OU LA MEMOIRE SECRETE
The after effects on a village of the Ardennes of a dramatic episode of the end of WWII : the brutal execution of 9 hostages and the burning of the village as a reprisal for the attack of a German convoy by members of the Resistance in the region.
In Marcourt today, everyone is silent. There is no discussion between the children of the martyrs and those of the resisters. There has never been one. They observe each other without speaking a word. The conflict is concealed, as if deferred.
In Marcourt today, the wound of the memory are not yet healed. Resentment remains.
- Direction : André Dartevelle and Francis Dujardin
- Script : Francis Dujardin and André Dartevelle
- Images : Michel Techy
- Sound : Jean-Pierre Raemdonck
- Lighting : Thierry Willems, Guy de Handschutter
- Editing : Anne Lombard
- Mixing : Jacques Clisse
- Sonor set : Marie-Ange Leroy
- Production manager : Véronique Marit
- Associate Producer : Dérives A.s.b.l.
- Dérives A.s.b.l.
- Unité documentaire RTBF (Centre de production de Bruxelles)- Télévision Belge
- W.I.P. (Wallonie Image Production)
- Centre RTBF Charleroi
With the help of the "Fonds Télévisuel de la Communauté Française de Belgique".
Contacts and sales