NO WOMAN'S LAND
Anne-Marie. Job : 30t. lorry driver.
She is in charge of Liège steel transport. Heading for France, sometimes even further, reaching Spain. Crisscrossing factories, she unloads rollers and armoured plates. Crisscrossing highways, she dispatches them to various places. Loading and unloading : meeting workers, meeting men. Sharing the same work, the same kind of solidarity. Roads, halts, hostile people, sometimes even violent ones ; ignoring her or even worse, labeling her as some « alien body ». They have , oppressive loneliness. Laughter too : smiling or shaking with laughter. The exhilarating feeling of somehow being the « skipper », the pleasure of driving. The early hours, the huge factories, the endless highways, the silence, the deafening noises, sighs… then worries. The engine failure… the failure or just some desperate hour that must be overcome. But, above all, a being in which the woman’s force and man’s fragility are uniquely blended.
- Direction: Bernadette Saint-Remi
- Images: Jean-Marc Leclercq
- Sound: Jean-Claude Wolff
- Editing : Jean-Marc Leclercq
- Sound track : Jean-Claude Wolff
- Conformation: Eric Peeters
- Mixing: Léopold Derochette
- Biling: Philippe Dans
- Stage manager: Guy Poussière
- With the participation of : Anne-Marie Godin
- Production : Dérives a.s.b.l.