HUBERT GROOTECLAES, C’EST NET MÊME SI C’EST FLOU
Three years after the death of the photographer Hubert Grooteclaes, his three daughters recall the memory of their father. Pascale’s voice answers Madeleine’s, which answers Marianne’s, as in a musical trio.
The image of the father blends into that of the photographer in the eyes and the silences of the daughters, and the photographic work appears and disappears at the whim of memory. In his lifetime, Hubert Grooteclaes was a very close father, and at the same time a secret man, as silent as his photographs. Today, it is his work which is most immediate, and which is everywhere on the walls of the family home.
This is a documentary of bright lights and shadows about a dual personality who cultivated paradox and who confused the trails of the real and the imaginary. The photographer’s art was to efface reality when it disturbed him, or to plunge it into soft focus, or to invert it with of a mirror.
- Direction : André Romus
- Director of photography : Jean-François Boucher
- Sound : Thierry Massin
- Assistant director : Jean-François Tefnin
- Editing : Marie-Hélène Dozo
- Originale Music : Eric Legnini
- Mixing : Michel Goossens
- Conformation : Frédériques Romus
- Production manager : Véronique Marit
- Associate Producer : Jean-Pierre Dardenne
- Producer : Dérives a.s.b.l.
Contacts and sales